A Seasonal Re-Set with Self Practice
The ceremony of the seasons is nature's pause. Honoring this in your own way helps you reconnect with yourself & the fundamental flows of life.
Lauren Trend, founder of Self Practice knows the most important relationship we have in our lives is with ourselves. The community and research platform she's created helps people take actionable steps towards more aligned personal, professional & creative practices.
Here Lauren share's her seasonal reset for self-reflection & inspired action.
'There are a few things I like to do to seasonally reset - change the furniture around in my house to circulate energy and welcome a new season - take a trip to a body of water and dunk my head under seven times - but nothing quite compares to to the powerful act of sitting down with pen to paper to reflect honestly and transparently, and take inventory amidst a milestone.
This first half of the year has come & gone like 'that' *clicks fingers*. It's as important to acknowledge where we've been, in order to move forward with intention & insight. What I find beneficial during the middle or end of the year is to sit down and write to the following questions/prompts:
- List everything that has happened this year (/so far)
- What have you learnt? What do you have today that you once wished you did?
- Where do you need to be harder on yourself? Where do you need to be softer?
- What can you do today that will get you closer to where you want to be tomorrow?
- What do you need less of? What do you need more of?
- Who can you text right now & thank, for supporting you, for seeing you?
Perhaps, and I hope, you'll find insight and lots to be grateful for & proud of. Remember that you're not running our of time, and you can begin again, everyday.'
Experience more of the Self Practice world with Lauren's full or travel-sized workbook, online courses& community.